Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) stands as the unrivaled pioneer and industry leader in Nigeria’s petroleum sector. Our unwavering commitment to the growth and development of our employees is evident through our cutting-edge professional development program and our dedication to nurturing their innovative ideas into successful endeavors.
Join Our Team – Senior Project Planning Engineer Position
As part of our continuous growth, we are seeking highly skilled professionals to fill the position of Senior Project Planning Engineer.
This role offers a compelling opportunity to contribute to impactful projects in an engaging and dynamic work environment. If you have the expertise and drive to excel in this field, we invite you to apply.
- Job Title: Senior Project Planning Engineer
- Job Requisition ID: R126105
- Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers, Nigeria
- Job Type: Full time
- Job Family Group: Projects
- Worker Type: Regular
- Business unit: Projects and Technology
- Experience Level: Experienced Professionals
The Role and Responsibilities
As a Senior Project Planning Engineer, your primary responsibility will be to contribute to the development and maintenance of standardized, realistic project plans that effectively reflect the assessed risk parameters for each project. Key tasks and responsibilities include:
1. Development of Project Plans
- Develop comprehensive plans for the management and engineering of assigned projects, aligning them with agreed business and technical objectives. These plans should be within schedule and budget while prioritizing quality, safe installation, and optimal performance.
- Evaluate and control project plans, perform schedule development and maintenance, and monitor planning and scheduling activities.
- Ensure competitive schedule deliveries by benchmarking internally within Shell and externally through reputable sources such as IPA, Performance Forum, Woodmac, and other industry tools and forums.
2. Accountability and Reporting
- Deliver and maintain consistent and realistic plans and control structures for the project, ensuring they align with the overall project schedule.
- Conduct regular progress updates, forecasts, critical path analyses, and trend analyses for assigned project elements, including any impact from interface areas.
- Implement and maintain status reports and provide comprehensive schedule status reports to project sub-element managers.
- Assess and incorporate the impact of approved changes and any deviations from key project targets and milestones, including productivity monitoring and identification of alternate approaches for optimizing the plan(s).
3. Collaboration and Optimization
- Collaborate with Project Engineering personnel to ensure a thorough understanding of key schedule sensitivities and drivers.
- Develop contract key dates, milestones, and Shell plan dates that align with the overall project schedule.
- Participate in evaluating bid schedules and reviewing contractor plans to support contract award recommendations.
- Review and verify contractors’ reported progress and ensure its reflection in the project schedule.
4. Risk Management and Decision-Making
- Contribute to translating the project’s risk profile into a probabilistic risk model and comprehend the output, including key risk drivers for potential schedule completion dates.
- Track the criticality of the main paths to completion and float consumption.
- Develop credible and competitive project schedules to the required confidence levels by collaborating with multi-functional and multidisciplinary teams.
- Ensure planning deliverables maintain realism, even under commercial pressure and optimism from project team leaders.
- Develop credible schedules and plans that integrate assessed issues and uncertainties, facilitating quality decision-making.
5. Continuous Improvement and Close-Out
- Support CSRs (Corporate Social Responsibility) and other site leadership personnel on planning and progress monitoring during the execution phase.
- Contribute to the close-out data necessary for knowledge retention, including lessons learned and project data compilation, upon completion of work.
We are seeking candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Must have a minimum of Project Services Planning Level 1 or equivalent certification.
- Possess a minimum of 8 years of industry experience, with at least 3 years in a project planning role.
- Demonstrate proven responsibility for preparing and maintaining schedules for project scope elements or a portfolio of early-phase prospects.
- Expected to display leadership potential at the level of Individual Performers during the Assessment for Leadership Development.
- Possess experience in the Oil and Gas industry.
If you are interested and qualified for the Senior Project Planning Engineer position, please follow the steps below to apply:
Note: The application closing date is not specified. We encourage interested candidates to apply promptly.
Join Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) today and be a part of our dedicated team that continues to drive excellence and innovation in Nigeria’s petroleum industry. Together, we can shape the future of energy.